Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cupcakes and Such

Let me start by saying:


Sing it Stevie, Sing IT!!!! Look at him go, wouldya??? He was just a baby then! I, on the other hand, was a whopping 3 years old!

I spent alllllllll day in the kitchen, which means what? I'm 100% again! Yee Hawwww!! What did I make that kept me in there all day? Hmmmm, I started with a big pot of rice as Kid 3 LOVES rice, baked some potatoes for tonight's dinner, made some kale chips, whipped up a spinach/walnut pesto, cut up some veggies in prep for roasting this evening, finished playing with the baked potatoes by turning them into homemade gnocci, and last but certainly not least, cupcakes. The Dad ordered Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World for me and it came today. How exciting!!! Really. We are big dessert lovers 'round here. So, tonight, lets start with dessert.



Mmmm chocolate "buttercream"


Frosting art courtesy of The Dad and a sandwich bag.

These cupcakes were amazing and EASY!!! I'm going to have get some pineapple and surprise The Dad with the Pineapple Right Side Up Cupcakes. Thumbs up all around, but that really shouldn't come as a surprise. 

The Dad and I really enjoyed this evenings meal. All but Kid 3 finished everything on their plates. Kid 3 despised this meal. I made the gnocci, which I will admit was a little more work than I bargained for, the spinach pesto, and roasted broccoli, carrots, and Brussels. 





When dinner was through, I was clearing Kid 4's plate, before I rinsed it off she declared "Mom! Did you see what I did with my food?" I looked down and this is what was looking back at me:


Now that's a HAPPY MEAL!

Last night I made Snobby Joes from the Veganomicon. I thought FO SHO they would be a hit as all of the kids really loved the Fantastic Foods brand. And, if I made them the snobby way, I'd cut out that processed schtuff I want to avoid. Well, The Dad and I loved them. The kids major complaint was the texture of the lentils. Maybe I'll try it again and just cook the bejezzuz outta them. I also thought I'd give sweet potato fries a good ole try. Again, a hit with The Dad and I, not so much with the kids. sigh.



And, in other news, have you all hear of The Vegan Zombie? Kid 3 & 4 and I discovered the videos the other day and we are TOTALLY impressed! LOVE HIM!!! Such a fun idea! That being said, I thought I'd share our family portraits from December '10. 



Off to dream of fantabulous veganlicious edibles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment