Thursday, March 3, 2011

Petite Confection

I have nothing to say about tonight's meal as I was not home. Every so often, a bunch of knitters get together for a little dinner outing. Tonight was that night for me. The Dad and the Kids were left to their own devices, which I'm pretty sure translates to: Free For All!! That being said, I'm sure it was thumbs up all around.

I would like to speak about cupcakes, however. This afternoon I made more cuppers (as we tend to refer to them around here) from VCTOTW. Todays variety was Simple Vanilla and Agave Nectar Cupcakes. The aroma that came from these little babies was luscious. Very vanillay with a slight hint of almond. Heaven. They were super easy and quick to make, which in turn, makes me happy. Very happy. These were the most moist cuppers I've ever, and I mean, EVER had. The flavor took a minute to get used to, not really sure why as I use Agave in my tea. Kid 2 had a rough day (Math. He struggles and boy can I relate. I still get the chills when I think about fancifying numbers. Yuck) so he and I were the secret Agave Cupper Guinea Pigs. Sadly, my first words were, "They smell better than they taste." Kid 2 agreed. The problem? We tested them without frosting. We had some leftover frosting from last nights cupcake capade and it made all the difference in the world. Perfection. Y. U. M. I really wanted to go for just a plain cupper, but sometimes you must give in.

I purchased some cupcake accessories today, a new 12 cup cupper pan, and an official decorating set. You know the one, a bag and several tips. Get ready for some exciting cupcake pictures, folks.



Today, I also made a batch of seitan. I used a different recipe this time, the Steamed White Setitan from Viva Vegan. Not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet, but I know it will be dinner tomorrow night. 

Merry Veggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment