Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shells Bells AKA Stuffed Shells and Roasted Portobellas

I've been down for the count since Wednesday and today is hopefully the day I feel 100% again. Keep your fingers crossed.

I honestly can't tell you how much I've missed being in the kitchen. Over the past several days, I've played around with small easy recipes but I can't wait to make a full exciting meal again. I made Chick Pea Smash on Saturday and boy oh boy was it delish!! So yummy nummy in my tummy!! I, of course, omitted the onions and just used carrots and celery. I put it on a tasty flat bun with some sprouts and voila!! I also made a batch of vegan brownies that were just delightful!

Last night I made Stuffed Shells (I used the tofu ricotta recipe from the Veganomicon) and Roasted Portabellas (again, Veganomicon), with a great little salad. Kid 1 is really diggin' the bellas as of late, which I'm totally stoked about! Again, no thumbs :(, all but Kid 3 really liked the shells and only Kid 1 gave the shrooms an honest try.


Not quite sure what's on the menu tonight, but I'm really excited to get back in the kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment