Friday, January 28, 2011

Good Morning! Oh, wait. . .

It's breakfast for DINNER, duh! The sun is totally gone now, although it was shining for the first time in I don't know how long today.

Prior to going V, we were HUGE fans of breakfast for dinner and it's been probably 2 months since we've done it. It was a super way to go on Meatless Mondays. Everyone was happy.

I didn't really want to put in all the work that I have been for all these meals tonight, so breakie it was. I made these pancakes and used banana for the egg sub. YUM! They were delicious!!! They were more dense than say, Bisquick or Aunt Jemima and they took a bit longer to cook than their traditional counterpart. I made a triple batch because The Kids are spending the night at Nanny Noodle's (my mother) house tomorrow and she's willing to go along for the ride when we are around :D. I also cooked up some "sausage patties" (I froze the 3/4 of the package that was left from Vegan Pizza night).

Tonight I had a "helper". Kid 4 wanted to craft while sitting on the counter. Far away from the stove, I promise. Kid 4 created a doll and a mistletoe type thing for me. So fun, so cute!

Kid 4 crafting away and trying the snausage. Loved it. Please take note of my poor poor Keurig directly behind Kid 4. Poor thing is only making hot water these days for herbal teas. It knows it's way overqualified for this position, but it doesn't complain. To the left of Kid 4 is the sad looking bag of Casi Cielo that is longing to be at least picked up and inhaled. Did I tell you I tried coffee again? Still nothing. Nada. 

The finished product. The pancakes were a huge hit! There were no left overs. I should mention that The Dad and myself ate soup. I had the Butternut Squash soup that I froze the other day (which BTW, Kid 4 ADORES!!!) and The Dad had Pacific brand Black Bean. Kids 1, 3, and 4 all loved the snausage. Kid 2 wasn't impressed but ate 1 piece anyway. Kids 1 & 3 went back for seconds on the snausage and everyone went back for THIRDS on the pancakes. 

Okay, so it wasn't the most nutritious meal in the world, but it certainly wasn't the worse. Time for a little family movie night with popcorn and nutritional yeast, baybay!!! 

Oh!!! I won't be cooking tomorrow night as it's birthday date night for The Dad and I. Guess where we are going? A vegan restraunt!  Sistah's Vegan Restaurant, which is fairly close to home! So excited! My first external vegan experience!! I'll tell you all about it tomorrow! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment