Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pot-au-Fue



I adapted this from Whole Living. Who knew that we ALL would love a rutabaga?

To make vegan, I simply subbed the beef for Seitan cubes and the Chicken stock for vegetable broth. I added a small sweet potatoe, a few Brussels sprouts, a portobello mushroom, and a single minced clove of garlic. I also kicked the leek to the curb, just not ready to try that yet.  Both The Dad and myself despise onions. For the first time in at least 6 years, I purchased one 2 weeks ago. I'm now okay to cook with it ;) Must be cooked down to nuthin' though. I used my Dutch Oven, as I adore anything cooked in that thing! It's sheer comfort food for me. And, nothing beats a one-pot meal!!!

Could have gone over better, but, everyone ate everything in their bowls. The Dad and myself loved it and I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow!!

Please excuse the photo quality, our loverly camera has officially croaked. Photo taken with a Kodak z16 video camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment