Sunday, February 20, 2011

Grilled Tofu & Veggies

Tonight, Nanny Noodle and Papa Pepper came for dinner. Auntie Knitter had given me a recipe card from Big Y that had a delightful sounding recipe on it. Grilled Tofu with Vegetables and Orzo. I didn't have enough Orzo, so I subbed 1/2 of it with some tiny wagon wheels.

I also made a Veggie Pizza. That recipe is one of my favorites and there is never any leftovers. I typically make it for parties and holidays but I really wanted it yesterday. It was so easy to veganize! The crescent dough isn't the healthiest option in the world, but it is vegan. I used Tofutti cream cheese and sour cream, neither Nanny Noodle nor Papa Pepper could tell.

Last but not least, a rather amazing salad of Romaine, kale, spinach, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, cucumber, jicama, and garbanzos.


I forgot to tell you about the tofu! I purchased "Crispy Chicken Tofu" from the Whole Grain Asian market and it was amazing!!! I grilled everything on my George Foreman grill LOL. The tofu really crisped up quite nicely and the texture was PERFECT without any pressing!!! Most of the label was in Chinese so I can't really tell you about it, but I'll be purchasing more and I'll take a picture. 


All the adults gave a thumbs up where all the kids gave a halfsies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment