Thursday, February 10, 2011

Risotto

What a great day! Knitter Auntie and I met Auntie Athletic and her dear friend for lunch at the cutest little restaurant in Southwick. Red Riding Hood's Basket is a delightful little gem. The baked goods looked amazing! I had a little nibble of the Auntie's desserts, a cinnamon knot and a raspberry jumble. Sooo tasty! For lunch I had a great wrap, veggie wrap minus the cheddar cheese.


Served with potato chips, pickles, and a wee cup of grapes.



The Auntie's soup. I cheated and had a tiny bite despite the fact that it was made with chicken stock. Delish. I can totally veganize this baby!


Auntie's seal of approval ;)


The signage. So cute! The interior was amazing! Vintage Red Riding Hood memorablia everywhere! It also had great tin ceilings and walls.

Knitter Auntie and myself spent the rest of the day shopping. It was a great afternoon. 

Tonights meal was a gorgeous salad made by Knitter Auntie and a great risotto from the Skinny Bitch Cookbook. No thumbs picture as I totally forgot, but all involved loved it! We also made some Kale chips which everyone loved! Skiing Grampy even suggested it be used at one of his famous parties! Talk about a seal of approval! They were gone too quick to snap a picture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment